Saturday, October 1, 2011

Voyage de la Vie

Last saturday, I had the chance to go Resort World Sentosa(RWS) to watch this musical. It was held in the Festive Grand theatre.
Like FINALLY I had the chance to go RWS.
Perhaps because it was already evening, there wasn't many people around. Seems kind of boring actually.
Saw the USS globe and of course have to take picture with it! Don't know when will I go again!

Okay back to the musical.

It wasn't entirely a musical, there was a mixture of magic, as well as acrobatics, with fires and arrows.
The description of the musical can be seen in the picture above.
Throughout the show, it was great in the sense that there was interaction with the audience and obvious attempts to really get all of us enjoy the show.
But the minus point is that the storyline wasn't exactly clear. It was until one reads the description before knowing what is happening during the musical. Plus, they changed the original cast, not entirely, it was only 1 or 2 if I'm not wrong.
The messages that the musical wanted to bring across isnt emphasized as well. A few sentences appeared on the side screen during the final song by "The Boy", the main lead. It was in Chinese! I couldnt remember the exact sentences but it was really meaningful.
No picture taking was allowed during the whole performance so no pictures!

Oh well, it's my first time going to such shows in Singapore so there was pretty much of an anticipation there, but I wouldnt say I'm disappointed because I enjoyed it myself. What's more I didnt have to pay to watch it! wahahahahaha. and the seats I sat is worth $128. Can't complaint! Yup, it was not that bad experience.

On a side note, October is here already!
Just finished my last midterm paper yesterday.
It was kinda hard, yet it's doable. ok contradicting I know.
Off to do some work, maybe study or something.
BYE!

No comments: